Recruitment – Assistant Professor in Interior Design
The Carthage School of Architecture and Design at UTC is recruiting for Assistant Professors in Interior Design.
- Status: Full-time
- Hours: Monday – Friday
- Department: Design
- Compensations: Competitive
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Actively contribute to a diverse culture of learning by developing and teaching undergraduate and graduate-level design courses
- Independently prepare and teach assigned courses in a professional manner and attend all scheduled classes
- Use innovative approaches to teaching that follow current best practices and research in second language acquisition
- Develop and/or update course syllabus, lesson plans, projects, or other student assignments Attend all regularly scheduled program and UTC meetings
- Demonstrate a strong record of research and/or creative scholarship
- Engage in activities that support the academic and scholarly life of the University
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours Stay current with best practices and research in second language acquisition, experiential, project-based, content-based learning, and instructional technology. Any additional responsibilities identified to help develop and grow the program during the initial stages will be discussed and agreed upon in advance
- Doctorate in interior design
- Previous university teaching experience
- Ability to teach using design-oriented software, such as Revit, Auto CAD, Sketch-up, 3D Studio Max, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Well established research agenda and recent record of publication of original research in peer-reviewed journals or well-established creative scholarship with record of published work
- Active participation in professional organizations
The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications immediately and continue to accept applications and nominations until the position is filled. If interested, please email us and we will let you know the needed documents for a complete application.
Candidates should provide a curriculum vitae, a letter of application, and three references.
Inquiries, nominations, and applications are confidential and should be either submitted online via the UTC Faculty Recruitment Application Form or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: February 28th, 2022